Software design is a process of planning and problem-solving for a software solution.
We work with businesses to define their requirements and create system specifications. We have a
number of business analysts, software designers and architects which are involved during the design phase.
At Medusa we have a well defined application design process which ensures all critical
areas are considered. During the design phase we consider all functional and non-functional elements of the
Without a defined design process, critical areas may be omitted which can be disastrous.
This could reduce the overall effectiveness of the system and cause problems in the medium/longer term
particularly in response to business changes.
Some of the critical elements include:-
- Reliability & Availability - Can the application perform its functionality under the required conditions for the specified period of time.
- Compatibility - Can the application work on the required platform such as internet browsers.
- Interoptibility - Can the application interact and communicate easily with other systems.
- Configurability - Can the application state be modified easily to change with its environment.
- Agility - Can the application be modified quickly as the business requirements change.
- Security - Is the application protected from malicious attacks.
- Support & Maintainability - Can the application be supported and modified quickly without spending too much time spent re-familiarising with the code.
- Compliant - Is the application compliant to industry regulations and legislation.
- Usability - Is the application user interface intuitive and easy to use.
- Extensibility - Can new functionality be added to the application without large rewrites and major changes to the underlying architecture.
Here at Medusa we cover all elements of design ensuring that your application is truly
focused to your business requirements. Our design process provides your application with the required agility
so it can respond to business changes without costly rewrites and upgrades.
To speak to one of our technical advisors please call +44 (0)1603 727732, or email info@MedusaWebSolutions.com